The Charge is a totally natural soil and coco enhancer that gives a great range of biological benefits.
This 100% natural plant growth catalyst is cram packed full of beneficial microorganisms which promote a healthy biological presence in the potting mix, improving nutrient availability, root growth and root zone conditions. The Charge is also 100% organic and has been approved by the Soil Association.
Produced entirely from beetle droppings, this sand like ‘insect frass’ is easy to mix into your medium and does not hesitate in getting straight to work, significantly boosting and prolonging the fertility of your potting mix.
By adding a balance of long-lasting primary nutrients in a highly available form (NPK-3/2/3), alongside micro and macronutrients and a whole load of beneficial rhizosphere bacteria, you can expect increased growth rates, a healthy fruitful crop, increased resistance to pest and diseases and improved root zone conditions. A definite winner for any professional gardener!
- Soil conditioner and bio stimulant
- 100% organic and easy to use
- Provides nutrients and beneficial microbes
- Elevates defense against disease and bacteria
- Provides soil with long lasting nutrition
- 100% mealworm frass
- 1L of Charge treats up to 200L of soil
- Can also be diluted and applied as a foliar spray
Ecothrive Charge contains only one ingredient – insect frass. The technical term for bug droppings, which in this case are supplied by the larvae of Tenebrio Molitor beetles (Mealworms). Don't worry though you won't find any live insects in your product, Charge goes through a number of processes and tests before being packed to ensure that the product meets the highest standards of quality and doesn't include any critters!
The beetle larvae that make Ecothrive Charge are only fed organic carrots and wheat bran, which ensures they get everything they need for a healthy life cycle. The frass is the same high quality all year round due to the additive free, strict vegetarian diet.
HOW DOES CHARGE WORK?
Charge will improve your plants growth in many ways. Firstly, it provides a range of macro and micro-nutrients that are a must have for healthy plant growth. Secondly, it is packed full of beneficial microorganisms. Laboratory tests have shown that Charge contains more than 450 million colony forming units of beneficial rhizosphere bacteria per gram! When growing organically these beneficial bacteria ‘charge’ the potting mix, making it more favourable for root growth and function, and vastly improve nutrient cycling and availability. Finally, being an organic waste from insects, Charge contains derivatives of chitin, which is a modified polysaccharide found in large concentrations in the cell walls of insects. The chitinous derivatives found in Charge are able to naturally elevate the plants in-built resistance to pests and disease, as well as increase growth rates and productivity; ensuring a healthy and fruitful crop.
WHEN SHOULD IT BE USED?
- For best results, mix Ecothrive Charge into your potting mix before planting.
- If your growing media has little nutritional value, such as Coco fibre or a lighter soil mix, mix it at 2% by volume.
- If you use a heavily fertilized soil like, mix it at 1% by volume.
- For outdoor use add at 50-100g per metre squared at planting or sowing. In the weeks after mixing Charge into the growing media, water and feed your plants just as you would do normally.
- Charge contains a mild kick of nutrients and will compliment your nutrient regime without interference.
- For continued plant health and growth improvements, top-dress Ecothrive Charge every 4 weeks.