- Root Pouch fabric does not simply hold dirt it provides a healthier root environment.
- The fabric is breathable allowing oxygen to reach the roots
- The fabric has superior insulation protecting the roots from heat and cold.
- The fabric weave traps the root tips preventing circling and girdling of the roots, encouraging the plant to produce a dense lateral root structure.
- The fabric disperses the suns rays preventing root tip damage from direct sunlight.
Root Pouch - Black (1L - 30L)
ROOT POUCH - BLACK
Root Pouches are degradable fabric plant pots made from 100% recycled materials and are washable, durable and reusable. The insulated material keeps out the winter cold, but allows roots to cool in the summer. Both air and water can pass through the material freely, allowing the roots to breathe and take up oxygen efficiently.
The Root Pouches are also great with drip systems, and can speed up the vegetative stage, boosting plant growth.
- Washable, durable and reusable
- Available from 1L to 56L
- Insulation from winter cold
- Great with drip systems
- Boosts plant growth
- Manufactured from 100% recycled materials
- Prevents roots from circling (naturally root prunes)
- Creates insulation from winter cold and/or summer heat
- Allows air & nutrients to pass freely through
- Decreases risk of transplant shock
- Produces bigger yields & promotes vigorous root growth
- 1 Ltr 10cm x 13cm (Black only)
- 2 Ltr 13cm x 15cm (Black only)
- 3.8 Ltr - 15cm x 19cm (⌀/h)
- 8 Ltr - 21.5cm x 21.5cm (⌀/h)
- 12 Ltr - 26.5cm x 21.5cm (⌀/h)
- 16 Ltr - 28cm x 26cm (⌀/h)
- 22 Ltr (with handle) - 30.5cm x 28cm (⌀/h)
- 30 Ltr (with handle) - 35.5cm x 30cm (⌀/h)
- 39 Ltr (with handle) (Grey only) 40.5cm x 30.5cm (⌀/h)
- 56 Ltr (with handle) (Grey Only) 43cm x 38cm (⌀/h)
The Black and Grey Root Pouches also have different life expectancies, which are:
- Grey: 3 - 4 years
- Black: 4 - 5 years
Root Pouch is made from recycled plastic water bottles. These water bottles were destined to end up in landfills. This not only prevents the water bottles from ending up in oceans and the environment but also eliminates the need to make additional pots or bags that are petroleum based using natural resources.
Root Pouch manufactures all of it’s own fabric, enabling us to determine the density, porosity and impregnability. Controlling and selecting the raw material that is used in its creation. Each fabric is designed for a particular function. All of our fabrics are clean and safe.
Developed to meet safety and sanitary requirements to better ensure a safe product for human applications, Root Pouch fabrics are designed to support use for growing materials that come in contact with products to be consumed. Our fabrics have undergone and passed rigorous testing by global, international testing & certification laboratory in accordance with FDA contact test 21 CFR 177.1630. [contact with food, drugs, biologics & cosmetics ].
They are BPA free and UV resistant.
The main reason Fabric pots are so widely used is not to create a stronger pot, but to create a better pot, that provides a breathable healthy growing environment. Fabric pots, unlike traditional black plastic pots, allow water and air to flow through its structure nourishing the root of the plant. It also does not allow the plants roots to circle once they meet the resistance of the wall of the pot. Instead, through a couple of different means, the fabric causes the plant to send out new fibrous roots rather than circle and harm the plant.
Yes, the Root Pouch pots are washable – we recommend washing them with an earth friendly detergent, and letting them air dry.